Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2 Months and 27 days

I had a dream the other night I was giving KoKo's hair a relaxer. I had her propped up on my leg with her hair in the sink. She wasn't really moving and her eyes were closed. This dream is strange to me because my daughter had beautiful hair and I would never process it. When I woke up I didn't understand why I was perming her hair. Did this mean something? I'm pretty sure she wasn't moving and her eyes were closed because it was just her body and not really her.
I felt like my sleep was a waste because I had time to spend with her and I used it to process her hair?! Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep after that. I layed in bed quietly while I relived October 17th over and over again in my mind.
When I came home from printing our Great Adventure tickets I went straight upstairs to my KoKo's room to give her a kiss. She was still in bed watching Hannah Montana and greeted me with a beautiful smile. I immediately washed her and changed her clothes, did her hair and put her in her wheel chair with her Dsi on her tray. By the time I finished everything it was about 1:30pm and 2 and a half hours before the evening nurse was scheduled to arrive.

I got dressed for the trip in KoKo's room and kept her company right until my sisters started to arrive around 330. The Original plan was for us to leave at 3 and my mom would be with Koko by herself. It would only be an hour mommy would be alone with her before the nurse got there.
It was already a miracle we got everyone's schedules to line up on the same day. For everybody to actually be on time would be like watching God create the earth in 5 days instead of 6!
At this point I'm more then happy everyone was late. We didn't leave until 3:55pm.

I double and triple checked KoKo before I left. Her saturation's, her lungs, her diaper.........there wasn't even a reason for me to do all of this. She was fine, and she told me so. I kissed Koko and told her I loved her. She asked me when I was coming back and I told her later tonight. "When I'm sleep mommy?" I responded "Probably baby".

No comments: