Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

4 Months 7 Days

Time is of the essence.
Losing KoKo brought much attention to my own mortality and that of my other children. Not that I didn't appreciate life before, but now I pledge to use every minute of every day for something positive, productive or both.

I dedicated a lot of my time to improving the quality of life of my Uwakokunre. Now it seems like I have a lot of time on my hands but it comes with a deadline.  Plenty of it but none to waste. I know it sounds like a paradox, but if you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

I jam my days with project after project, and if I can't do anything on one for lack of funds or resources, I clean and organize my house along with maintaining the integrity of my family.

I have three books in the works, and at night when I lay down to sleep, ideas swirl in my head like a whirlwind. Which then to my mans dismay, causes me to get out of my bed and sneak to the computer.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if I will lose one of my other children by some freaky mishap. Or maybe they'll lose me.  It's not a positive thought, and I dispel it quicker then I can say it out loud. It's just KoKo's passing came as such a surprise, and I realize now I have to be prepared for anything. I must provide my remaining children with the life that I didn't have and always dreamed of.

I want to leave them a legacy. I want them to enjoy they're term on this planet, in my charge, to the best of my ability and more. I want them to experience everything wonderful that East Orange, Essex County, New Jersey, United States of America, and the World has to offer. And all before God says it's time for them or I to come home.
I hope I can do it.  

No comments: