Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

3 Months 30 Days

My man put together some shelving for my pantry. I love organization. I can find everything I need at the time I need it.

In my rearranging process I found some pictures we took at the Make a Wish Foundation holiday party in 2009. It was me and all of my children minus my eldest, who wasn't feeling well that day, sitting (and standing) with Mr and Mrs Clause. KoKo was planted front and center in her red chair looking somewhere else other then the camera. She and her youngest brother were distracted by all of the toys displayed in the far corner. We had so much fun that year.  

I gazed down at the picture thinking about how the skin on KoKo's cheeks were so smooth and bright. How the crook of her neck smelled like a baby in the morning. I imagined what she would be doing at the moment if she was still here, and I try to smile because my thoughts are truly happy.
But happy seeds must sprout sad flowers because whenever I reminisce on the days we were all together I cant help but feel the vast void left by my missing child.

To not think of Uwakokunre makes for tolerable days and sleep filled nights. When my mind stays occupied on everyday malarkey, my mood is light-hearted and happy. Why must it be this way?

When I think of my daughter laughing at me as I carry her up the stairs, within seconds the picture in my mind metamorphosizes into the moment I saw her lying on the  hospital bed closed eyed and lifeless.
When I imagine how fun it was to sit with her in her room and watch movies, I can't help but feel sad at how we won't get to finish The Women Of Brewster Place together.
When I laugh at something stupid on a Disney Channel show or try to watch a scary movie (KoKo loved scary movies) I am reminded of how much my heart aches with every minute of her infinite absence.
I never, ever want to forget KoKo, but my memories of her causes water to incessantly stream from my eyes and down my face. And as for my mood....well lets just say if you are in my vicinity you'd understand why the word gloomy and rainy days go hand in hand.
I think happy seeds can sprout sad flowers, but I do have faith one day those flowers will make a beautiful bouquet...........I just don't think for me it will be anytime soon.

No comments: