Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

3 Months 16 days

My last post took a toll on me emotionally. That's why I haven't posted in a while.
There are some things in my life since then that seem to have changed dramatically for the better. I got a new vehicle. Things are looking up for my business. I've been less stressed financially. You know how they say it's darkest before the dawn? Well I'm starting to feel like I'm finally getting a clear view of the sunrise.

My new car is a Nissan Quest minivan.....that's a funny thing actually.  I figured I would need to get a minivan, or something along those lines, sooner or later. I didn't want to be associated in any form or fashion with a "mom-mobile", but I knew eventually it would be the practical thing to do when Uwakokunre got bigger and would need a lift  for her and her wheelchair to go on family outings. That being said, isn't it ironic I get a minivan after she's gone?

Whenever I'm in this vehicle I look to the backseat and can picture her face clear as day smiling at me. Even better.....in my new van we have a dvd player. Oh how she would love that! My man put KoKo's Camp Rock movie in for the boys to watch on our way to Ikea.  It was the only time my 3 year old found the disney movie entertaining! Hearing it in the background as I drove brought back so many memories.

See, Disney was KoKo's favorite channel, and her little brother couldn't stand it! When she'd be watching 'That's so Raven' on netflix in her bedroom, he would come and press pause in the middle of the show knowing good and well she really couldn't do much about it!

KoKo would call my name over and over to tell on her brother, and just as I walked through the door to respond, that little boy would press play like he did nothing wrong.
Well look at him now, watching Disney's Camp Rock just like his sister in our new (gasp) minivan! Who would've thought.....

No comments: